In the last post, you learned why it's so important to have a strong team cohesion and how you can tell that you feel connected to each other, which also increases your productivity and success. Today, you'll learn how you can further strengthen and nurture your cohesion as a team.
Here come 9 hacks for more cohesion in your team:
- Open communication: encourage each other to share your ideas and opinions openly and honestly, and practice active listening on a daily basis
- Belonging: Make sure everyone on the team feels like they belong. It can help if you are mindful of each other's emotional, mental, and physical needs
- Trust: Trust is a critical component of team cohesion. Remain transparent in the team and pay attention to your mutual appreciation. This allows long-term trust to grow.
- Common goals: As a team, make sure that each team member is aware of the shared vision and that you are motivated to work toward a common goal.
- Teamwork: Make sure to work together on a regular basis. It is also important to realize that you can rely on each other.
- Successes: Regularly recognize your daily achievements and successes as a team. Small and large milestones may be celebrated.
- Socializing: Organize team-building activities and events. This will help you get to know each other outside of work and build trust.
- Professional development: Make sure that you continue your professional development together.
- Appreciation: Express your appreciation for each other, your hard work, and the contributions of each individual.
Especially as a leader, it is important to set a good example. If you find yourself in the role of a team lead, then you may take special care to ensure that trust, respect and interest are writ large in your day-to-day work.
All in all, building a cohesive team takes time and effort, but the benefits are well worth it. By implementing our strategies, you can strengthen your cohesion and improve your team's overall performance for the long term.